sponsored by Alpha factor
Gymnastics on the Grand proudly presents our signature event, the Optional Event Finals sponsored by Alpha Factor.
This is a unique opportunity for the top gymnasts in each session to go head-to-head in competition on Saturday evening. Warm-up for Event Finals is scheduled to start immediately following the Special Olympics Exhibition
at approximately 5:30pm).
At the Event Finals sponsored by Alpha Factor, spectators will have the privilege of watching some of the most talented gymnasts in the Midwest compete in their top events.
2016 Qualification Requirements for Event finals sponsored by Alpha factor
Individual Event Finals will include the top gymnasts from levels 7 - 10 and Xcel Diamond, regardless of age. Event Finalists will be selected as follows:
- Level 7: the top five gymnasts per event, per session.
- Level 8: the top five gymnasts per event, per session.
- Level 9: the top ten gymnasts per event.
- Level 10: the top five gymnasts per event.
- XCel Diamond: the top five gymnasts per event.
In the case of a tie during preliminary competition, the all-around score will determine the qualifying athlete.
If additional sessions of a level are required for scheduling purposes, the number of gymnasts per session will be reduced.
Individual Event Specialists may qualify for event finals as long as the following conditions are met:
- The gymnast is entered in the regular competition as an I. E. S., and
- The gymnast's score in the qualifying session ranks in the top qualifiers for the session.
The format of the Event Finals sponsored by Alpha Factor will be “New Life”. The qualifying gymnasts on each event will go head-to-head against each other and re-rank during this competition.
Announcement of Qualifying Gymnasts
Qualifying gymnasts will be announced at the conclusion of each session for levels 7, 8, 9, 10 and Xcel Diamond.
The coaches of the qualifying gymnasts must confirm participation of the gymnasts at the conclusion of the award session in order for the athlete to compete.
If, for some reason, a qualifying gymnast is unable to compete in the Event Finals sponsored by Alpha Factor, please let an official GOTG staff member know PRIOR to the awards session and the gymnast with the next highest score will qualify and will be subject to the Participation Requirements noted above.
All participants in the Event Finals sponsored by Alpha Factor will warm up and compete together by level. Each level will begin on a different apparatus. The order of competition for each event in the finals will be determined by a draw.
- Each qualifying gymnast that participates in the Event Finals will receive a custom Alpha Factor Event Finals leotard. We strongly encourage all Event Finalists to wear the Event Finals leotard. See the Event Finals Information Table** for details.
- Event Finals crystal trophies will be presented to the three top-scoring gymnasts in each event at each level.
- Awards will be presented on the floor of the Gold Gym in the Ballroom immediately following the conclusion of the Event Finals sponsored by Alpha Factor.
please see the event finals information table** IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE LEVEL 7, 8, 9, 10 and XCEL DIAMOND COMPETITIONS for questions about the alpha factor event finals competition.
**The Event Finals Information Table will only be open immediately after the Level 7, 8, 9, 10 and XCel Diamond competitions.